Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Long Voyage

- by Ayesha Parveen 08 Dec 2008
Category: Lifestyle.
This story has been read 74 times.
http://content.msn.co.in/MSNContribute/Story.aspx?PageID=25578be1-7a03-4d73-ad9b-bb65637d3c17

As I sit at my table, all alone,
An octogenarian am I;
My children, busy with their children,
Cannot afford to talk or come by.

My best friends are some memories left
And some companions far away,
Happy am I in my own way
With no illusion left about life.

The peace in heart is my best asset
And I find it easier to forgive
Now that there is not any battle to lose
Nor any victory left to achieve.

This long voyage has made me learn
That nothing is lost forever;
If there has been anything good in my deeds,
It will be given to me, once voyage is over.

ayeshacgs@hotmail.com

No comments: