Thursday, October 9, 2008

Once More

by Ayesha Parveen 09 Oct 2008
Category: Lifestyle. This story has been read 102 times.
http://content.msn.co.in/MSNContribute/Story.aspx?PageID=9b0c2bcc-30a2-4cd8-bc8a-bc964880f17e

How happy we were, together,
When you were snatched away from me;
Going through the maze of life, together,
But you were snatched away from me!

Every little work I did, was really done for you
And happiest was I to see you smile;
The twinkle in your eyes, or the deep thoughtful look
Clearly showed you had me in your mind.

I still remember the day, that glorious day,
When you first held my hand
And gave me a bright, yellow sunflower:
Your first gift to me.

Those innocent days of childhood,
Times so pure and full of love
Soon turned to days of duty and cares;
We were happy, though, only to have each other.

And yet, you were snatched away from me!

The love we shared, the enriching of one another;
Has it all turned to nothing?
When I look around me, you cannot be seen!
Your promise, to be by my side, broken?

I knew God when I loved you
And we worshipped Him together;
The same God has snatched you from me!
Now I ask God: why, and for how long?

In my own way, I hear the answer;
Somewhere deep within me, I know:
When the facade of time breaks away,
When my duties here are done
And I, weary, am released at last;
We will be together, I know for sure;

You, by my side, once more;
Not to be snatched away again.

ayeshacgs@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Ayesha Parveen said...

MSN Readers' comments:

Dr.P.V.Vaidyanathan - Mumbai on 10/9/2008 9:37:20 PM
Ayesha, a very good poem. I'm a lover of poetry, for in a poem, you can express in two lines what would take 500 words in an article. Very poignant, touching, and brings tears to the eyes, which is a sure sign that the post has crossed the mind and reached the heart and soul.

KP - Chennai on 10/9/2008 2:48:15 PM
a very nice poem very well written.

Swetha Amit - Mumbai on 10/9/2008 9:48:15 PM
A beautiful poem with great intensity. Lovely one Ayesha.

Ayesha Parveen said...

MSN Readers' comments:

Ramesh Padmanabhan - Chennai on 10/9/2008 11:56:52 PM
Good poem , well written. Rightly said by Dr Vidyanathan, in 2 lines you have unfolded the entire drama full of emotions. Thanks, regards.RP

Rajesh - Hyderabad on 10/9/2008 2:49:28 PM
good post. this is what life is all about, everyone wondering why someone dear was snatched away to a realization that dawns after a lot of grief and a bright hope of reconciliation.

sharmishtha - kolkata on 10/9/2008 1:00:56 PM
Its a marvellous piece of poetry.