Thursday, December 18, 2008

He Is Here, Right Beside Us

- by Ayesha Parveen 04 Dec 2008
Category: Lifestyle. This story has been read 84 times.
http://content.msn.co.in/MSNContribute/Story.aspx?PageID=b22de45a-05b5-40b3-a2ef-56b81ef0c539

A few hours ago, I had to attend a workshop on dyslexia (a learning disability) and how to deal with dyslexic children. Although it was an interesting discussion, at some points during the workshop, I was feeling tired and could not concentrate on all that was being said. Even worse, I was not volunteering to answer questions on the topic even though most of the answers were known to me. Some hours before the workshop started, I had written a poem on Vaasudev Krishna and now, I kept on recalling lines from it.

In due time the workshop ended and each participant had to answer a questionnaire. The first directive on the form said that we had to read the other directives and questions carefully before we started answering any question. The conductor said that the one who finished and submitted the paper first would be declared the winner. Everyone around and in front of me had already started writing answers to the questions and the directives.
I saw the first question: “What is your name? Please answer in full.” I wrote my name, feeling irritated at what I then considered to be a waste of time.

Then, without an understandable reason, I glanced at the last sentence printed on the questionnaire: “Answer only the first question.” Needless to say, I finished first and was declared the winner. Some might call it an ordinary coincidence but I know it was not so because never before in my life, had I read a last question right at the beginning of the work given. To the admiration of some of my colleagues and to the chagrin of many others, I was declared a winner, although I know I had no hand in what had happened.

Vaasudev Krishna Himself guided my eyes. Yes, miracles happen. My life is full of them. I also want to share with my readers the following lines:

“There is no event so commonplace but that God is present in it, always hiddenly, always leaving you room to recognize Him or not to recognize Him…..Listen to your life. See it for the fathomless mystery it is. In the boredom and pain of it no less than in the excitement and gladness: touch, taste, smell your way to the heavenly and hidden heart of it because in the last analysis all moments are key moments, and life itself is grace.”
(Quoted from Carl Frederick Buechner, an American author)

ayeshacgs@hotmail.com

1 comment:

KParthasarathi said...

A touching experience that only the devout can appreciate and agree.You are a blessed soul indeed